Joe is a sought after CEO for several reasons. Joe is a CEO, an Executive Coach, Speaker, and Chairs Executive Peer Groups. Joe is also a proud member of the Exit Planning Institute and was trained as a transition advisor by the Successful Transition Planning Institute. He is also a ‘Business Advisor’ for young people starting up in business. (Catch one of Joe’s next lectures: Either “Transitioning to a Meaningful Life, or “Millenials in the Workplace”. They are great seminars for both business owners and millennials alike.)
- As a business leader he has over 25 years experience running companies of differing sizes and in multiple industries, plus retail experience including mass, grocery and drug.
- As a CEO, he has successfully started companies and turned around two businesses plus bought, sold and merged companies. His experience comes from family business, private equity, and corporations in the public space.
- As a senior leader in an $850 million corporation he has successfully navigated the complexities of a 3,300 employee international consumer product manufacturer to a business that grew three consecutive years at over 30%, he has dealt with virtually all the challenges that a company can experience. In addition to his CEO duties, he has both an operational and marketing background, and served as VP of Corporate Strategy and VP of Marketing for an $850 million corporation.
- As an Executive Business Coach with extensive experience he draws on his experience as an entrepreneur, who has started, has grown, and turned-around companies. He knows how difficult it is at the top, and the incredible value of having an experienced mentor to tap for council. Having been C-level executive and a turn- around CEO he can give you firsthand examples, processes and provided valuable perspectives on tough challenges and opportunities in global and domestic companies.
- As a Transition Coach and Advisor, Joe works with business owners and professionals to help them prepare for a successful transition. Be it a family succession, a sale of a company, or a professional moving into retirement, Joe feels that Retirement is about so much more than waiting in the departure lounge of life. It is about living out your golden years by fulfilling your purpose, completing your bucket list and leaving a legacy. This just doesn’t “happen” it takes planning.
- Joe has served on Dupage County’s newly created REV3 advisory board (www.REV3dupage.com). Rev3 is focused on building financially viable businesses. REV3 was created to help develop business leaders and will coalesce around passionate entrepreneurs, whether they are developing businesses on their own or commercializing technology invented at one of the area’s many universities, federal laboratories, or established companies who are committed to the success of their businesses and need affordable access to a range of equipment and expertise that does not exist in one place anywhere else in Illinois
- Business entrepreneur, executive, personal coach and advisor has created a natural outgrowth for the Family Business Management Center that Socius Business Advisors offers. It extends Joe’s client base to business owners who want to prepare for succession or sale of their business, or who simply want a strong resource for building a sustainable strategic plan and moving forward.
- Now he devotes 25% of his time chairing and coaching executive peer groups and sharing his experience and expertise with CEOs and business owners striving to start and / or grow both their businesses and themselves.
Dr. Stephanie Olexa
Dr. Olexa earned her Ph.D. in Biochemistry from Temple University and her MBA with a specialty in finance from Lehigh University. She has a Certificate in Leadership Coaching (CLC) from Georgetown University. Dr. Olexa spent several years as a scientist, conducting research and teaching at Temple Medical School. She worked for Rohm and Haas Company and Air Products and Chemical, Inc in senior positions where her responsibilities included strategic planning, profit and loss responsibility, technology assessment, mergers and acquisitions, and research and development. She took an active role in over 25 acquisitions or investments.Stephanie Olexa, Ph.D., MBA, CLC
Dr. Olexa founded Benchmark Analytics, an environmental and GLP (Good Laboratory Practices) testing laboratory. She expanded her company to become a nationally respected laboratory with an excellent reputation for technical depth and customer service focus. After eighteen years of heading Benchmark Analytics, she sold the business to an equity investment firm. She remained with the company for two years, dramatically increasing its market share and technical diversity.
Dr. Olexa founded Lead to the Future because she experienced the importance of understanding and meshing corporate cultures during mergers, acquisitions and equity investments. She is a veteran in coaching leaders through transitions and dramatic business growth. She holds three US patents, has 36 peer-reviewed publications and has authored five book chapters and recently released her new book, Leadership Lessons from a Vacuum Cleaner !! ?? !! Dr. Olexa brings all of the experience of a teacher, an entrepreneur, a scientist, an executive, a team leader, an operations director, a community leader, and a leadership coach.